Friday 21 December 2012

Christmas sock animals

May I take this opportunity to wish everyone a very merry Christmas and a great 2013. I have been sadly lacking in keeping up with my blog, but the day job overtook most things. Which means I am last minute present making, wrapping and generally worrying over. I always make presents for the family and I also try to add some decoration or a funky twist. Ladies were easy this year, but the men always cause me more headaches. In the end I opted to make personalised coasters and these were made and boxed some weeks ago, but I did want something cute to add to the outside. With the ladies, I made festive fabric hanging hearts, but I couldn't come up with an idea for the boys. I could only think of socks, then 'sock monkey' came to mind......but most sock monkeys and animals are cut and sewn, this had to be much easier so that when they took off the elastic bands and sticky eyes...there would be a perfectly formed pair of new socks! Here are my sock animals (I am not sure what breed ...but they look cute enough!)
They are so easy to make just one sock stuffed into the first sock and the bottoms rolled up inside, and a few elastic bands to form the ears and head. A ribbon for decoration and either goggly eyes stuck on using double sided pads or just use some sticking circles or shapes...voila!... and I think they suit the presents better than a bow! I hope you like, and I hope to post more hat related topics come the new year. Happy sewing (or non sewing in the case of the sock animals!) xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment