Tuesday 3 January 2012

New year, new resolutions

Well, a new year and a new blog. Writing a blog has been on my agenda for some time, and at last I have made a start.
It will all look a bit basic for a while till I get the hang of chatting and musing, but I hope you will bear with me whilst it takes shape.
I have made hats now for some years (some of which can be found for sale on Folksy.com), and up until now, most have been fabric based, warm, useful hats which I hope look good as well as being functional. But I really, really want to move on to more avant garde, exciting stuff that makes a statement! So my new year resolution is too experiment more with millinery.

This is one of my hand painted hats available from www.folksy.com/shops/sewstylish


Heres a hand blocked cocktail hat




and here is a fleece hat with matching neckwarmer


I am self taught in all my crafts, and am constantly looking to learn more. With this in mind I hope to include some tutorials for those who also like to sew and create .
I am looking forward to blogging, and heres hoping everyone looks forward to reading :)

2 comments:

  1. Hello, welcome to blog land.
    Great work and look forward to seeing more of it
    {Dab and a dash.}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your wonderful talent!

    ReplyDelete